Can't import my old site

Michael Wallis January 25, 2021

SiteImportError.pngWhen I try to import the last backup of a site, I get an error about 18% of the way in. The notice says to upgrade to 5.10 or later, but this if FROM a 5.10 or later sight. I've not been able to upgrade the server and get it working for ages.

How do I recover my site and get it moved to the Cloud before EOL and end of support?

3 answers

0 votes
Michael Wallis January 27, 2021

After much tweaking I managed to get 7.10.2 server up and running and current.

I exported from the server and tried to import into the Cloud.

Same result - it gets to about 17% and then dies.  

Michael Wallis January 27, 2021

ConfluenceError-21-01-27.png

So ... even with my server site updated to 7.10.2 and with all the apps added on the Cloud side, and with all the Users and Groups added on the Cloud side ... I still get this. Is there ANY way to determine what the "Error importing site" actually is??

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

@Michael Wallis 

Please submit a support ticket to Atlassian by clicking here

Best of luck!

Fadoua

PS: Once you get assistance from Atlassian, please share with us the problem that was behind your inability to migrate to Cloud

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2021

Hello @Michael Wallis !

As I understand, you need to import a space from Confluence server into Confluence Cloud.

According to our documentation, you need to be on Confluence 6.13:

Space import will not work if you are importing from Confluence Server version 6.13 or earlier.

To avoid any issues, we recommend using the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant for all server to cloud imports. The migration assistant can be used with Confluence Server versions 5.10 and later.

Here is our complete documentation about this:

With this in mind, I would like to ask you:

1. How did you check the currently running version of Confluence?

You can check the version by scrolling all the way down on a Confluence page and you will see a message like this: