Can't get a connection error

CMJIRA March 25, 2018
Hi, I have downloaded the newest mobile apps for confluence in my iPhone cellphone.My iPhone iOS version is 11.0.3.When I input the site URL of Confluence server and try to connect it,it prompt an error message like "This app requires HTTPS .........". I have confirmed that the server had setup the HTTPS correctly.I can access the confluence website normally by using https on PC.And the Certificate Authority of SSL certificate is also obey iOS requirement. The CA is Symantec Class 3 Secure Server CA which is in the list of available trusted root certificates in iOS 11. By the way,I can connect the confluence server correctly by using my Android phone which is installed a Confluence Server beta version. How to solve this problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

Hello,

To confirm, you're referring to the Confluence Server Mobile app beta, correct?

Could you confirm your Confluence Server version? 

I would recommend making sure all the steps are covered from the article below:

This may be because:

• your site is not using HTTPS.
  • your certificate is self signed.
  • the Certificate Authority (CA) is unknown, or is not one that Android / iOS trusts by default  (for example it might be a new CA that is not yet trusted, or a private CA).
  • your certificate is missing an intermediate CA, affecting the certificate chain.
  • your proxy is not configured to allow TLS 1.2 traffic.
  • you are connecting to a version of Confluence Server that does not support the mobile app (6.7.x or earlier).

If you still have issues after reviewing the above, I would recommend submitting your issue directly through the app itself. You can shake your app at the login screen and it will prompt you to send the feedback to the development team.

Regards,

Shannon

Koen Gillard June 13, 2018

Hi Shannon

Some of our users use the Android app and they can connect to our Confluence site.

Others user the iOS app and they cannot connect to the Confluence site because the device doesn't seem to trust the site.

Any idea how this can be resolved?

Regards

Koen 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2018

Hi Koen,

If you're meeting the above requirements and still have an issue, I would recommend raising a new question or contacting Support provided you have a license that includes it. 

That way we can take a look at your specific case and help you out.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events