Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit Confluence pages on Firefox.

Ruwan Mettananda October 25, 2015

In confluence from Firefox latest version I am unable to update confluence page because blank page is loaded instead of page contents in Edit mode. when I keep the page loaded and clean the cache and then try to edit the page, it force me to log back in. when I logged back in, it directly takes me to the Edit mode of the page and I can edit it. Then when I save it and try to edit again, a blank page loads up. For me to edit again, I should continue the process of cleaning the cache etc. again.

No issue with Chrome. I can edit pages with Crome.

5 answers

2 votes
Papanito February 21, 2020

I had this on 73.0 and deleting cache and cookies solved the problem

1 vote
Zsolt Jonas March 22, 2018

Confluence is completely useless in FF 57+!

I always got this error:

Useless_confliuence.png

Certainly the Wait doesn't help but if I click on the Stop It then I lose the content of the page if I click on the Save button...

1 vote
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2015

Hello Ruwan,

That's a pretty interesting behaviour, which seems to be related to cache somehow. Would you please generate a HAR file while replicating this problem with Firefox and see if you have bad requests in there (network level)? Any kind of error you can get from there might help us here.

Also, which version of Firefox and Confluence are you using? Does it also happen in other workstations?

Eduardo

0 votes
Mojmir Elias March 14, 2018

With FF 52 and confluence 6.6.1 the error of dead Edit button appears on some pages.

IE and FF 42 doesn't manifest this behaviour.

Looks like infinite recursion when starting page editing according to the browser console.

As a workaround I tried to make a right click on the Edit button, then Open in a new tab. There is works.

Bas April 22, 2018

Same here.

FF59 keeps showing the spinner forever if I just click the edit icon.

Some requests don't seem to get a response, clogging up the entire request queue.

Opening in a new tab only shows the editor but no contents.

Just an empty page.

Also no ad-bloacker active on this page.

Chrome works fine.

Deleted user April 24, 2018

Same here using FF 59.0.2 (64 bit) on Ubuntu 16.04

0 votes
Randy Oh March 17, 2016

I have the very same issue.  on latest version FF 45.  I tried deleting all cookies and cache, which resolved it for a few minutes before coming back.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events