Can't delete a Space I've created as Admin

Alessandro Mastrogiacomo January 23, 2020

Hi!

So in my site Confluence, there's a Space which I cannot delete even if I am the admin for the whole org. In the details of the space, I can see that the admins for the space are this, I believe, automatically generated admins... Image attached.

Screenshot 2020-01-23 at 11.49.25.png

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2020

Hi @Alessandro Mastrogiacomo 

Do you use confluence cloud in the free version and the space you want to delete is the default space you created? If so, there is a known issue CONFCLOUD-68319

Also in this community answer described.

Regards,

Dominic

Could be mine "default" space, even if I'm not sure what you mean as a "default" like the first one I've made in Confluence?

Thanks!

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2020

Yes. The first time you log in, you will have to create a space. This is the default space. And this space, you can not delete, even though you are the administrator of this space. See the desctiption of the issue:  CONFCLOUD-68319

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Hi @Alessandro Mastrogiacomo

You should be able to recover the permissions for a Space with no actual users assigned as Space Admin.

Instructions can be found via this link.

Ste

I know, but there's no option for that space!

Screenshot 2020-01-23 at 12.11.12.png

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Do you see any "Recover Permissions" options against any spaces?

Ste

Nope!

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2020

It might have been a personal space - if so try this answer.

Ste

But not mine personal space....still no luck!

0 votes
Amith Mathur _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2020

Hi @Alessandro Mastrogiacomo , 

Are you receiving any error message in the UI or in the logs, (<confluence-home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log) ? Which version of Conlfuence you are using? 

Can you check the permissions in that space and the global permissions?

Thanks,

Amith Mathur

Hi @Amith Mathur _Appfire_ ,

thanks for your help! I'm using Confluence Cloud so I guess the latest version and I had not seen any error log of any weird notification.

I've check the user permission and also here I cannot manage the permissions but I'm the admin of the whole org, so no idea what's happening. Check in the image I have also a copy, and that's why I'd like to delete the second one.

Where I can find the logs? I'm using the free version, we're a small team!

Screenshot 2020-01-23 at 12.11.12.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events