Can't center a table on the page in Confluence 5.5.2

R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2014

Hello,

I can't center tables.

Here are the methods I used:

• I highlighted the entire table including one line above and below the table and pressed the center button. In edit mode, the table is centered. But once the page is saved, it's still left justified. I also tried right justifying it too to see if that would work and it doesn't.
  • I then used tab which also doesn't work.
  • I created a section added text that I centered then added a table in between all the centered text. Still didn't work.
  • Last attemp that didn't work: on our dev server, we are testing the Confluence Source Editor macro. So I entered <table align:center>. Still no go.

I'd rather not create a section with three columns to center the table.

Does anyone have any ideas? Or is this a bug in Confluence?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2014

Hello!

I continued to play with the source editor. This is what finally worked:

<div align="center"></div>

andreasgounaris June 25, 2019

It plays well but the attribute align is not supported in html5.

The css corresponding property text-align:center does not have any effect on this 

Instead, this is what plays well: text-align:-webkit-center;

0 votes
Ryan Dunn April 22, 2020

I am very new to Atlassian, but the above "</div>" did not work for me, I may have used it wrong. 

What I found as a workaround is to make the column(s) "Heading 4" and then click on Center, then publish.

No problems, all columns I wanted center are center, and "Heading 4" looks the same as "Normal Text" on our pages. 

Hope that helps, sorry if my advice is a long way around, as mentioned above, I'm very new here. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events