Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access confluence after wrong base url configuration

project-march September 28, 2015

I have been trying to get confluence to redirect to port 80 but now I locked myself out somehow..

When I try to access my confluence site on either port 80 or 8090 it just gets stuck loading. Is there a way I can change the configuration of the base url back to :8090 through the command line or in the database?

I'm running a digital ocean server with confluence installed. I tried routing through iptables and changing the server.xml file to no avail. Now I have no way of accessing my confluence installation.

2 answers

0 votes
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2015

Hey Nick,

Regarding changing the URL directly the database, please follow the instructions from the following documentation:

Hope this will help you smile.

Cheers,

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2015

An incorrect base url will not break Confluence to that extent - it'll give you errors in the UI, but not block all your access.

If it's running on port 8090, then it should be there.  When you say "stuck loading", I assume you get an empty screen and nothing coming up at all?  That implies Tomcat is running, but not able to load and run Confluence, which often happens when you mess up server.xml or other configs in Tomcat. 

You should chekc the Confluence application log, but for that symptom, Tomcat's catalina.out file is usually where you will find the errors that are stopping Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events