Can't access Confluence over SSL via iPhone or iPad

We've been running an installation of Confluence (3.5) over SSL and have just recently noticed that we're unable to access the wiki from iPhones or iPads. I've accessed Confluence from iOS devices before, but none of those installations were over connecting via SSL.

Users attempting to access our particular installation are presented with an error that reads: "Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server."

I know that there isn't any official support from Atlassian for mobile Safari as of yet, however I just want to be clear that we're not trying to edit or administer confluence from iOS, but simply trying access and view the wiki in general.

Is there something that I can do to enable SSL access for iOS devices?

Thanks!

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
David Simpson Community Champion Oct 03, 2011

What's the error you're getting? Can you attach a screenshot of the error? (Simultaneously hold down the power button + home button)

Here's a screenshot of the error. I've been looking into this a bit more and have concluded that it must be a problem with our installation specifically. I tried accessing another confluence installation over ssl (https://confluence.dehli.edu) and that worked on the iPhone and iPad.

SSL Error

Here's a screenshot of the error. I've been looking into this a bit more and have concluded that it must be a problem with our installation specifically. I tried accessing another confluence installation over ssl (https://confluence.dehli.edu) and that worked on the iPhone and iPad.

SSL Error

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

475 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you