Can't Re-Install Confluence

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anybody can help ... I recently uninstalled Confluence and am trying to re-install. I now get this error message:

The installation/removal of a previous program was not completed. You will need to restart your computer to complete that installation

I've tried cleaning out the Registry as per (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310335) and yes, I've restarted the server a few times smile

Any suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes

I am not too familiar with installing Confluence on Windows using the installer. You could attempt to install from the zip instead of using the installer. Details can be found here.

0 votes

Hi Chris, 

Let me try a trick that I believe can works smile.

• Stop your confluence 
  • Delete the file confluence.cfg.xml on your confluence-home
  • Reboot the computer
  • Start again your confluence
  • Try to access the setup of confluence

If you don't know where is the confluence-home, you can have a look in the file confluence-init.properties on the confluence_installation_folder - confluence - WEB-INF - classes and see the confluence-home variable. Another way to find the confluence.cfg.xml is using the windows search smile.

Please let me know if it works for you.

All the best, 

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

981 views 14 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you