Can't Edit page on Confluence

Juan Du Toit January 13, 2015

HI,

All pages can be edited in a specific space except the main page. I have checked the space and page restriction.  I can see the Edit button, but it does not allow me to edit anything in a panel.  I can edit the panel itself and change the page name.

We have V5.1.5

How to I get it to be editable correctly? This issue only happens on this specific space and page

Regards,

Juan

8 answers

0 votes

Thanks Tom I will do the copy first before deleting.

0 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2015

Juan. If you haven't deleted the page yet, you could try making a copy of the page first which could save time recreating the page. I have found that approach sometimes works, as it may not pass on whatever was corrupted. That is assuming it's corrupted which I think Ramiro made a good educated guess on. Good luck!

0 votes

Hi Ramiro, I actually also thought of deleting the page. Its behaviour does not make sense. Yes I have Admin rights.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

Then I think the best option is to delete the page and create a new one, maybe it got corrupted. If this happens again maybe it's because a permission with the main page. Do you have administer rights?

0 votes

Hi Ramiro, I just tried it. I can delete it, but can't add anything to the page. It's as if the page is corrupt

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

My bad, have you tried removing the panel and creating a new one in that page?

0 votes

Hi Ramiro

Maybe I should explain better:

On the main page I have created a panel.  Inside the panel I added columns with data and some macros

The problem I have it that I am unable to edit any data inside the panel. I can remove and edit the panel itself.

I cannot add anything new outside the panel to the page, except change the page name

Regards,

Juan

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2015

Hi, if I understand correctly your talking about the document theme side panel. If yes check this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+the+Documentation+Theme

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+a+Sidebar

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events