Can "Page Properties Report" show restricted "Page Properties"?

We are using "Page Properties Report" to show summary information to users.  All pages with the "Page Properties" macro have their access restricted.  This is because we want users to see the summary information, but not the fine details.

When a user with access views the the "Page Properties Report", all information is shown.

When a user without access views the "Page Properties Report", no content is shown.

Here is our page structure:

• Space Home (Unrestricted) (Contains the "Page Properties Report")
    • Projects Summary (Restricted) (Used to nest project pages)
      • Project 1 (Inherits restrictions) (Contains "Page Properties")
      • Project 2 (Inherits restrictions) (Contains "Page Properties")
      • Project 3 (Inherits restrictions) (Contains "Page Properties")

Is there a way to allow the restricted "Page Properties" information to show in the unrestricted "Page Properties Report"?

1 answer

0 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Mar 04, 2016

If a page has restriction applied to it, then you will only see it in the page properties report if you have access to the page. There is no way to get around that short of writing your own version of the page properties report macro and changing how it works.

Thanks Davin,

Would you know a good place to start with writing a new macro?

Is it possible to modify the existing macro? Or get the existing macro's code as a template?

Davin Studer Community Champion Mar 04, 2016

I think you can get the Confluence source at my.atlassian.com under your Confluence license. Not sure if this macro is included in that source or not.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Published 8 hours ago in Confluence

Think you know shares vs. @mentions in Confluence? Take this collab quiz.

To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...

85 views 2 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you