Can "Application Tunnels" be used for CCMA (Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant)

Casper Hjorth Christensen June 9, 2022

Hello Community

I wondered if anybody knew if Application Tunnels could be used to run CCMA?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2022

Hello Casper,

It is possible to use application tunnels to integrate your Data Center/Server with Cloud products between the application links, so there is a possibility it is possible to use it for CCMA, but I'd like to understand your goal.

Would you mind sharing your use case?
I'd like to check and review with my teammates about it. :) 

Regards,
Jessica

Casper Hjorth Christensen July 1, 2022

Hi @Jessica 

Unfortunately you didnt @tag me, and thus I didt get a notification.

The client(s) in question do not want to open up their applications for the WWW, however they do want to migrate to Cloud, and once in cloud use IP Allowlist.

They would like/love to create the application link, and then fully / sorely use the tunnel to migrate their instance(s).

I've been in contact with @Puven Mannen which have told me the following;

In regards to the Cloud Migration, I'm afraid you will need to have internet access to perform the migration. For more information, please refer to "Use the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant to migrate"

Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2022

Thank you for the additional context about the use case, @Casper Hjorth Christensen

In this case, I'm afraid to say indeed it wouldn't be possible to use the migration tool without having internet access while doing the migration or using the Cloud site as well.

But as long the Cloud site is not open to the public access (anonymous), that should be okay in that regard.
This is something that can be checked at Confluence Settings > Global Permissions, in the Anonymous Access tab.

Cheers, 
Jessica

1 vote
Peter Quick June 30, 2022

Great lightbulb moment @Casper Hjorth Christensen ,

Think I'll have a go at this, I can envisage it speeding up that horrible "Checks" stage of the migration assistant, where it hangs forever philosophically contemplating each user account's eligibility to enter the pearly gates.

Cheers,

PeterQ

Peter Quick June 30, 2022

...can envisage it speeding things up if there's binding at the cloud end during the "Checks" stage.

If "Checks" is DB-bound at server end, then the App Tunnels probably won't make a difference.

Cheers,

PeterQ

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events