Can not set up External Database for Confluence Standalone

Crystal Gonzalez June 7, 2015

Hi ,

I'm setting up a new server for Confluence but I'm getting this error:

Setup Datasource Database Failed

The following error(s) occurred: 

• Could not lookup datasource successfully: com.atlassian.config.bootstrap.BootstrapException: Could not locate datasource: jdbc/confluence

I followed everything based on the instructions here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF33/Installing+Confluence+Standalone+on+UNIX+or+Linux#InstallingConfluenceStandaloneonUNIXorLinux-7.SelectanExternalDatabase

We are using Oracle 11g Release 2 and I have updated the necessary files in the server and also copied the ojdbc6-11.2.0.3.jar in the proper directory. Im also running on 

java version "1.7.0_79"

Hope to hear from you asap as I can't see any helpful page to answer this question

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2015

I'd start with the incompatibilities you seem to have here.

You are using the instructions for Confluence 3.3 - that's no longer supported, but if it is the version you are installing for some reason, then you need to look at your libraries, because it does not support  Java 1.7, and from memory, although it can look like it's ok, it really isn't.   You should downgrade your java to 1.6 before installing.  (And I'd check the oracle driver too, I'm really not sure about that)

If you are not installing Confluence 3.3, then I'd suggest looking at the installation instructions for the right version.

Crystal Gonzalez June 8, 2015

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your input I actually downgraded my JDK to 1.6 but unfortunately still getting the same error. I also double check the ojdbc version which is compatible to this version.But still no luck

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2015

OK, so the supporting environment is now valild, so the question becomes what have you done differently from the documentation you referred to originally? Although one other thing is that I would define your path and JAVA_HOME in the setenv.sh file to make completely sure that it is referring to Java 1.6

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events