It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can no longer create new pages...

Whenever I try to create a new internal page, off my main page, I get this error as shown in the screenie below.

Another user can create a page, mirroring my actions, but for me, when I try to create a new page, I can never connect to the server.   Editing existing pages does not appear to be a problem.  And I can also create some new pages when I am not creating a new page off the root page.

Is there some sort of account-based limitation to page creation here?

Adv(thanks)ance!

confluence.png

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Deiler Community Leader Feb 13, 2020

Dear @Micheal_Shallop ,

this looks like a network/server error or a browser issue. I recommend to clean the browser cache with all login data and restart it. If this does not help and the error consist, I recommend to contact the Atlassian Support.

So long

Thomas

Thanks for the reply. 

Unfortunately, this isn't an acceptable solution.  Anytime you have to reboot, or restart, or clean this or that, it's an indicator of incorrect programming, in this case, on the front-end.  No problem is actually solved - like the old days where rebooting your box several times/day was the only way for windows to unscrew itself.  

fwiw, however, I've rebooted several times, have restart the browser and I even once cleared cache.  (Man! That is such a LAME work-around!) The problem is consistent in that it persists regardless.

I know this is a known bug - I tried the suggested work-around and got dumped into a un-familiar editor configuration where some of the buttons are missing and it generates a page w/the look-and-feel outside of our template.  Geh.  I stop at the jank-fest point of looking-up work-arounds for the work-arounds.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

5,344 views 4 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you