Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can my employees login to Confluence from their home computers ?

Devin Leonard January 31, 2012

I haven't purchased this yet, but am considering an 11-25 user evaluation. I'd love to have employees updating and answering each others' questions from home (via work laptops) but I'm not sure how the licensing works - is it per user name and login, or is it per MAC address?

Also, I fear the learning curve - will I be wanting another feature 2 months into this?

My goals for the implementation are to have my star 15 engineers talking and sharing. They're perfectly willing to do so, but are not colocated, and often just can't schedule the necessary discussions. So I want a knowledge base of technical questions that are "low-hanging fruit" for my curious and helpful engineers, and a base of answers that can be searched without sucking time away from them with duplicate questions. This has to reference all sorts of media and reports, including websites and vendor data.

I'm hoping I've found the right tool, and not entering a quandary of time suck.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2012

Ofcourse you can configure Confluence to be accessed over the web. It is more of a networking than about Confluence. And yeah, it looks like a good tool for what you are after. Check out Atlassian documenation for a sample ;)

Regarding the licensing, it works per user name. Doesn't matter where one logs in from!

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2012

Run it over SSL and make sure Confluence is ran by a separate user when you install it. And ofcourse, use tight passwords ;)

Devin Leonard February 1, 2012

Thanks - and the info is secure logging in from the web? Perhaps it's best I do a free trial with 2-3 guys and pretend to use it for a couple of days to see. Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events