Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can images/attachments be deleted from the editor

Florin Eberenz May 24, 2012

I am useing confluence to write manuals and guides for a quality management system. I am useing Firefox 12.0, where I can use drag&drop to insert images into pages, which is very fast and therefore very useful.
When using drag&drop to insert an image, the filename is automatically set by the system, useing a date and time stamp. This means that the filename of an image, that gets uploaded to a page multiple times changes for every upload.

Is there a nice way to:

1. delete images/attachments of a page from within the editor?

2. a nice way to use the powerfull drag&drop funcionality in combination of the existing versioning feature for attachments in confluence?

P.S. Verry cool and usefull website you have here :)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ashley C May 24, 2012

If you're looking for a way to upload an image once and use it on several pages, then I don't believe there is a way to do that. As far as I know Confluence forces you to attach an image to each page it will be used for.

If there is a way around that I have not been able to find it.

Ashley

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2012

For the first question, the answer is no. I'm not sure I understand the second question, but I think the answer is also no.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events