Can images/attachments be deleted from the editor

I am useing confluence to write manuals and guides for a quality management system. I am useing Firefox 12.0, where I can use drag&drop to insert images into pages, which is very fast and therefore very useful.
When using drag&drop to insert an image, the filename is automatically set by the system, useing a date and time stamp. This means that the filename of an image, that gets uploaded to a page multiple times changes for every upload.

Is there a nice way to:

1. delete images/attachments of a page from within the editor?

2. a nice way to use the powerfull drag&drop funcionality in combination of the existing versioning feature for attachments in confluence?

P.S. Verry cool and usefull website you have here :)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

If you're looking for a way to upload an image once and use it on several pages, then I don't believe there is a way to do that. As far as I know Confluence forces you to attach an image to each page it will be used for.

If there is a way around that I have not been able to find it.

Ashley

For the first question, the answer is no. I'm not sure I understand the second question, but I think the answer is also no.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,548 views 25 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you