Can i still use Crowd after switching to Jira/Confluence Data Center ?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2017

Currently i use Confluence and JIRA where both apps sync ther user db from Crowd and SSO is enabled.

what if i choose to deploy a data center license and add nodes to each app.

will that affect any behavior of how authentication and SSO Session is handled?

i am asking because i read some new SAML 2.0 implementation to allow SSO on Data Center deployments.

please don't tell me that SSO in this Environment is only possible via 3rd Party SAML Providers

regards

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2017

You can still use Crowd with Datacenter installations. Configuration is the same.

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2017

For large numbers of users, see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-64230

0 votes
Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2017

While having JIRA Data Center together with Confluence Data Center which synchronise users from Crowd it is still possible to rely on the SSO provided by Crowd. 

The new SAML 2.0 authentication option, which was added recently to Data Center products allows you to achieve SSO using 3rd party Identity Provider. You may still use Crowd in this setup for user management and authorisation. The following documentation describes it into more details.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2017

well thats good news smile

thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events