Can i have 500 licence with 2000 people referenced as user in people directory ?

JulienLembo April 9, 2015

Hi, 

I have 350 users that will use Confluence but i need to have the whole people directory loaded (sync which Active Directory),  which is almost 2000 people.

Do we have limitation?

3 answers

0 votes
Shun Hirayanagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2015

Only users who have the "Can use" permission in global permissions consume the license.
Keeping those users less than 500 may work even if 2000 people are loaded as total.

0 votes
Lauretha Rura
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2015

Hi Julien, 

Yes there is a limitation for it. As Confluence instances determine its license user count by the number of users who has ‘can-use’ global permission in Confluence, if you plan to load 2000 users from your AD you can only grant 'can-use' global permission to 500 users.

I would suggest you to create a particular group for those users and configure Confluence to synchronise a subset of users from LDAP, rather than all users. You might want to check this documentation for further details of this configuration. 

Cheers, 

Lauretha 

0 votes
Libor Tvrdík April 10, 2015

Hi Julien,

Confluence has not limited outside users. In Global Permission you must select any group with Log In permission. Each user with permission Log In eat from your licence volume.

For your situation: You must create a special group for Confluence (the name ConfluenceUsers for example) for your 350 users and have 2 solution:

1) In configuration user directory for AD modify group (add (cn=ConfluenceUsers) - https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/oQ2zDQ)

So, you see (in users administration) only 350 yours users - it's my prefer variant.

2) No modify AD group (only set ConfluenceUsers group in Global permission)

So, you see (in users administration) all of 2000 yours users, but only 350 users can log in.

Cheers,

Libor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events