Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can alias column names in the JIRA plug in within Confluence?

Richard S January 3, 2013

Is there a way to show aliased column names within the JIRA Plug In used to display JIRA issues within a Confluence page?

The default column names that come across are not meaningful to management. ;-)

3 answers

0 votes
Richard S January 4, 2013

It is the JIRA Issues Plugin within Confluence. Is there a way to display different names for the fields displayed within it, rather than the actual field / column names?

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2013

Not anything direct I can think of. Can use the SQL macro and pull out the issues from the jira database and show the results.

Richard S January 4, 2013

Not used it yet, does it give the same functionality as the JIRA Issue macro (i.e. clicking on an issue taking you to it directly within JIRA)?

If not, then that's no good. =( Need that functionality.

If there is no way to do it, then I'll have to live with it, as the aliased headings are a lower priority.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2013

I guess you should be able to achieve it, as constructing the link with the issue id is trivial. More than that you should know SQL.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2013

What is this aliased column name? And which plugin? Is it in a gadget in JIRA?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events