Can a document space be created in a trial account?

Jonathan Shearman October 22, 2021

I have a tech writing assignment for which Confluence is the platform.  Confluence help  says to choose Spaces>Create Space to try out the documentation feature. I don't see that  - is that a limitation of the demo account I'm using?

4 answers

4 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2021

Spaces can only be created by administrators, or people in the groups named as "can create spaces".  It sounds like your account is not either of those. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2021

Hi @Jonathan Shearman ,

These are type of space blueprints, confluence comes with these templates as shown here - https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/create-a-space-from-a-template/. As a confluence admin these blueprints can be disabled.

I checked with one of my trail (I hope you mean the same by demo account) account and it's there , navigating to space then create a new space. I am sharing the SS below just for reference:

Documentation Space.jpg

Another guide to get started with this - https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/guides/get-started/set-up#step-4 and inside that using  documentation spaces to create technical documents inside.

Let me know if that helps.

Jonathan Shearman October 23, 2021

There's a step missing in the How To documentation. Instead of Spaces>Create Space, you need to go Spaces>View all spaces>Create Space. (Just feeling my way around, thanks all!)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2021

Welcome to the Atlassian Community @Jonathan Shearman Do you have site admin access to the confluence cloud site that you just created ? 

Select Spaces in the Confluence navigation and select View all spaces
and select Create space.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Shearman October 23, 2021

I should add that the above question was posed in respect of the demo account I've opened to learn the platform, not the client's instance of Confluence.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events