Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I view Plugin usage from the databse

showkat ally May 24, 2012

Hi

I have Confluence - 3.3

(Plugin Repositiory is not working)

I would like to view the plugin usage - using a script from the database.

Is this possible..

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

Hi Showkat Ally!

This is possible by referencing the bodycontent table, body column which is the storage location for content in Confluence 3.3.

What I use to find out what the literal string I'm going to put into the sql script is, navigate to a page using the macro you want to identify the usage for. Click on the Tools menu > View Wiki markup

select count(*) from bodycontent where body like '%{toc}%';

For Confluence 4.0 and newer, you'll use Tools > View storage format and the query would look something like this:

select count(*) from bodycontent where body like '%<ac:macro ac:name="toc" />%';

Hope this helps!

4 votes
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

Hi there,

Unfortunately this is not possible, what you can view from the database would be which plugins you have installed by the following query:

select * from plugindata;

As you're having problems with your plugin repository, then I would like also to suggest you to clean the plugins cache to try to solve this problem, by the following procedure:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Clear+Confluence+Plugins+Cache

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

LJ.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events