Can I use Livesearch Macro in Clonfluence to return articles from the Service Desk portal?

Ana-Maria Erascu August 5, 2020

Hi,

I'm using Confluence in order to share knowledge articles in Service Desk customer portal. I want to use the Livesearch Macro to enable my clients to search through articles but the returned search results are Confluence articles (pages from Confluence) where my clients don't have access since they only have access to the articles from the portal (those have a different link).

Is there a way where I can use the livesearch macro to provide article results with the portal link so that my clients can read them?

Thanks a lot!

Ana 

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2020

Hello @Ana-Maria Erascu !

As I understand, you need to search for Jira Service Desk articles directly from Confluence interface.

Currently, this is not possible to achieve with the Livesearch macro. The macro functionality is limited to Confluence itself. You can take a look at the macro documentation here:

What we can do is embed the Jira article search page directly in Confluence with an iFrame.

Here is how we can do it:

1. Create a new Confluence page
  2. Insert the iFrame macro in the newly created page
    Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 12.16.10.png
  3. In the URL field, insert the Jira Service Desk search page (it will look like this: https://mysite.atlassian.net/jira/servicedesk/projects/PROJECTKEY/knowledge/search?q=)
  4. Set the Width value as 100%
    Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 10.52.01.png
  5. Set the Height as desired (in my example I used 600px)
  6. Save de macro
  7. Publish the page
    Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 10.51.43.png

Users now should be able to search Jira from within Confluence by using the now embedded Jira Service Desk Article search page.

Using this method may inflict a penalty to page loading times. This happens because you will need to load two pages instead of just one.

I hope this helps! Let us hear from you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events