Can I track the pages made from a Confluence template?

Mandy Grover January 8, 2018

Is there a way to track which pages get created from a user-created template?

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2018

No.  The templates are point-in-time, they run "now" and don't get referenced again.  Once created, a page could easily be changed beyond all recognition of the template, and the creation template really doesn't matter after its first use.

You could amend your templates to have a label on them, or even page properties (your users are less likely to remove page properties, in my experience), but those are still editable pieces of data.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

That idea of including a marker like a label or a page properties macro in the template is a good one. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2018

I usually do the label/properties for the more structured and complex templates, not the every-day ones.

In other words, nothing I usually write - I've been trained to keep it simple and accessible, with human language.  Templates for me just save me a few clicks to do something regularly (I usually stick to a template with an introduction, toc, attachments, children and  footer in five sections).  But, that's one of the several reasons I use Confluence.  Because I save huge amounts of time with templates and macros.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events