Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I see in the audit log if someone exported a PAGE?

Stephan Gerwert May 26, 2021

seems like exporting a SPACE I can restrict, but not a PAGE export. 

so the question is if I cannot restrict it, can I at least see if someone exports it in the audit log? 

not in the free version, but in the paid version? 

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Not think that it would be there and overall no sure about the idea behind tracking it actually? Confluence is basically for collaboration. If someone in general see a space/page then what is wrong with exporting it to have the version offline? Why auditing it? Just to know?

Overall when we see a page we can still copy paste or do a screenshot or print the page .. so this would not be tracked by any audit log at all.

Stephan Gerwert May 27, 2021

thanks. Yes, it was just for convenience and to check if people do it/ ideally prevent it. I agree that taking a screenshot or copying it would not be prevented, however, it would make it a little harder at least and not just by the click of a button...

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gordon Hu August 12, 2021

From security point of view, once it is exported, it can be sent to anyone to view it. So ...

0 votes
Hien Do
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 7, 2024

I think this is a very useful feature, I found that Jira On-premise can support all audit activities of Confluence page - https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/audit-log-events-in-confluence-1005333793.html , but there are no similar events in Cloud version.

The problem was raised in 2021, Atlassian should consider to enhance this audit log capability in cloud version as well.

0 votes
Gordon Hu August 12, 2021

I have tried Audit Logs, and API ... but couldn't find it :(

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders