Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I see a screenshot of a technical document exported to PDF?

Yasemin Funda Oner December 5, 2014

I want to see a screenshot, or an image of PDF output of Confluence,

• how will a technical document prepared in confluence will appear when exported to PDF?
  • can I select header and footer margins, will it differ according to printer when printed?
  • is it code based for admin or is it user friendly and can be accomplished via user interface?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2014

If you want to see an example of a PDF created from confluence, I can show you one of ours:

TALEXXengine_STARK_CLE_system_overview_en.pdf

Yasemin Funda Oner December 9, 2014

Thank you very much Steffen, This was exactly the example I was looking for. My manager is impressed with that document and he trusts me I can do a similar one:). Best regards Funda

1 vote
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2014

Yasemin,

Out-of-the-box Confluence allows you to customize your PDF export layout through the GUI. 

Screen Shot 2014-12-05 at 11.16.45 AM.png

Once you click the "Edit" button it will give you areas for HTML configuration. You can define your margins in the HTML itself and when you print through the browser. I don't have any non-branded or customer-related documents currently set up for export, but I can tell you that the main frustration I have had in the past is with the "Page Layout" not being forgiving with my floating tables or images. Though, that's just Confluence trying to preserve it's shape when printing to the PDF.

Hopefully this helped!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events