Can I retrieve a user's profile pic via SOAP?

Hi,

I am trying to create a page with a few users names and profile pictures in it.

I want to be able to create that page automatically.

This is why I need a way to get the porfile pictures using SOAP api

Thanks!

Aviram

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Joe Clark Atlassian Team Sep 25, 2011

It looks like it is not possible to do get a user's profile picture via SOAP. You can vote on this feature request if it's something you'd like to see implemented: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-13709

Alternatively, you could write a custom plugin that exposes this information through a custom SOAP endpoint.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your reply, any idea which end point contains that kind of data?

I looked up the api's documentation and could not find an endpoint that will contain (along with other attributes of course) a link to the profile image.

Cheers,

Aviram

Joe Clark Atlassian Team Sep 26, 2011

As I said, there is unfortunately nowhere in the SOAP API where you can retrieve this information. If you want to develop a custom plugin to provide this information, I think there is a method on the UserAccessor bean that will return the user's profile picture info.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 30, 2018 in Confluence

How Manon Soubies-Camy uses Confluence + Trello to organize webinar notes and her knitting stash

@Manon Soubies-Camy is an engineer who has been an avid Atlassian user since 2014. She helps companies of all sizes transform the way they work with the Atlassian stack, including Jira and Confl...

857 views 8 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you