Can I post comment as an admin on behalf of a user ?

I am the overall admin for a confluence site.  Is there a way I can post a comment to one of the spaces on behalf of one of the space's users ?  This one user is bad at posting comments and sends them separately by email (outside of Confluence) and then wants the comments posted to the space so I want it to be able to do it on her behalf and have it show up as coming from the user (with the Users profile showing in the comment).

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Not on Cloud.  There are a couple of "impersonate user" options for Server versions, but I don't think there's anything for Cloud.

This is a bit of a broken need though - she's behaving badly and losing you time, it shouldn't be up to you to have to fix it for her, you have a real job to do.  I'd take her email away from her if she persists (I've done this before, albeit it wasn't for Confluence - stuck a 2 week delay on someone's outgoing email just to emphasise the point that it was the wrong way to do it)

Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Apr 04, 2016

Actually, I think it's been possible for about 6 months now to be able to log in as another user for Cloud applications:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/log-in-as-another-user-776994835.html

Thanks for the quick response Nic.

Of course it's a broken need... and this is actually my only user who slips up.  But it's a high maintenance (high paying) client - an external client I should mention - so cutting her off is not an option - and sometimes in my business (digital design agency) we accommodate prima-donna's - and make them pay for the extra time anyway smile

I've got one of those to visit soon myself, I know exactly how you feel.  I don't get involved on the money side, but I do whine to my boss that I'm wasting my time doing their job for them because they're silly.  He just pats me and tells me "don't worry, they're paying the bills for it"

You could prefix "her" comment with " Comment by @username " ... that is my workaround for a similar situation!

Not ideal, but at least her profile would be mentioned and available from that.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,114 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you