Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I open a Jira issue in Confluence?

Lorenzo Lucioni March 3, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Integrating JIRA and Confluence

You are in a Confluence Space: can you open a Jira issue through a Confluence Space Macro or Plugin?

2 answers

0 votes
Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2016

Here are a couple of plugins to look at:

While, you can do what you're looking for with either, they work very differently.

There may be others. 

0 votes
Jose Rico March 3, 2016

Yes, you have to highlight with the mouse a sentence you want and a small pop-up appears if you remain with the arrow of the mouse on it. It appears 2 options "add inline comment" or "create a JIRA issue"

Lorenzo Lucioni March 4, 2016

Hi Jose,

thank you for your quick response.

I see way you suggested but I'm looking for a more structured tool. Infact, I would restrict JIRA Project choice just to one of them, the same for Issue Type and, more, I would offer a few fields available (such as "component").

I know it is possible via javascript (JIRA let you generate a JS to include in your webpage), but Confluence (if I'm not mistaken) do not permit any custom JS on its pages, so I were hoping about an integration JIRA-in-Confluence through a Macro or similar.

Any more suggestion?

Thank you,

Lorenzo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events