Can I open a Jira issue in Confluence?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Integrating JIRA and Confluence

You are in a Confluence Space: can you open a Jira issue through a Confluence Space Macro or Plugin?

2 answers

Yes, you have to highlight with the mouse a sentence you want and a small pop-up appears if you remain with the arrow of the mouse on it. It appears 2 options "add inline comment" or "create a JIRA issue"

Hi Jose,

thank you for your quick response.

I see way you suggested but I'm looking for a more structured tool. Infact, I would restrict JIRA Project choice just to one of them, the same for Issue Type and, more, I would offer a few fields available (such as "component").

I know it is possible via javascript (JIRA let you generate a JS to include in your webpage), but Confluence (if I'm not mistaken) do not permit any custom JS on its pages, so I were hoping about an integration JIRA-in-Confluence through a Macro or similar.

Any more suggestion?

Thank you,

Lorenzo

Here are a couple of plugins to look at:

While, you can do what you're looking for with either, they work very differently.

There may be others. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,829 views 27 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you