Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I make my personal space a shared space?

Barnett April 16, 2013

I am using a documentation theme in my personal space to expirement/learn features of Confluence but eventually (once cleaned up) I would like to share my personal space so that it can be used as documentation at my company (not just me). Is this possible?

(I'm not an admin but could be if needed)

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

Barnett,

If you go into the space admin and then click on permissions, after signing in again, you can update the Groups who can view, edit etc your space by adding them using Edit Permissions.

Cheers,

Barnett April 16, 2013

Very helpful, thanks!

1 vote
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

You're welcome. :)

Something worth knowing about personal spaces, assuming you don't already, is that by default they are public. So if you have a wiki that is client facing and internal (as one that I used to manage does) all the personal spaces could be seen by everybody, including clients. Which isn't a good idea if your space contains sensitive info.

I used to run a regular check on all users with personal spaces and get them to up change the settings if I found any that had forgotten to hide it.

Cheers.

Barnett April 17, 2013

Thanks for the tip. I've de-selected our conlfuence users group from being able to view/comment my personal space. (It was in fact defaulted to public)

0 votes
Nibu Thomas January 8, 2020

There's one more thing to do. Navigate to the workspace that you want to make public as an admin.

Click the elipses on the top right and then click Restrictions.

Ensure that there are no restrictions set.

This is what worked for me. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events