Can I integrate the downloaded Crucible with OnDemand Jira?

Dylan Charleston March 11, 2013

I would like to know if I can integrate the downloaded version of Crucible with an OnDemand version of Jira. If so, do I lose any features? Can I integrate OnDemand Crucible with OnDemand Jira?

4 answers

4 votes
Deleted user February 16, 2015

Are there any plans for a version of Crucible that runs in the Atlasssian Cloud?

Nicolas Mas September 17, 2015

I am interested as well to get an answer to this question~

Richard Mazzarella November 20, 2015

I am also very interested to get an answer ..

David Keaveny May 10, 2016

Atlassian used to have a cloud-based version, but they got out of that back in 2013, so I doubt they'll be going back in again in the near future.

2 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2013

Hey Guys!

I confirmed that linking a download version of Crucible with JIRA OnDemand via applinks is entirely possible and a supported feature.

Just recapping Lucas' original response...

Our official stance being as mentioned:

Port restrictions for external application links — If you set up application links to an external application, the external application must use either an HTTP protocol (on port 80) or HTTPS protocol (on port 443).

Full documentation available here:https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/APPLINKS/Application+Links+Quick+Start+Guide

Terminology Note: The documentation refers to FishEye. FishEye and Crucible are the same application but are broken into two distinct licenses or products.

Hope this helps. :)

Michael Forrester September 3, 2014

does anyone know if you link ondemand jira with ondemand crucible.

1 vote
Cloud Imperium September 18, 2013

Has anyone gotten this to work properly? Currently I cannot get this integration working. If we use the local IP (10.X.X.X) JIRA OnDemand cannot resolve it, which is expected. If we use a 1-1 NAT with one of our external IP > local Crucible server there is an error "There is no response from the entered URL. Amend the URL or click Continue to confirm."

I can't imagine this setup being that difficult, perhaps I am overlooking the obvious? I also have a support ticket open with Atlassian staff.

1 vote
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

Hi Dylan,

I'm not really sure if this is possible, we seem to have some conflicting information. In this page it mentions that application links for external instances are allowed if the remote service is working with either HTTP and HTTPS:

Port restrictions for external application links — If you set up application links to an external application, the external application must use either an HTTP protocol (on port 80) or HTTPS protocol (on port 443).

However, it also mention here both Application Links and Trusted Application Configuration are not available in JIRA OnDemand:

Configuring trusted applications

NO

Configuring application links

NO

(I'm not sure if the table will render correctly, it seems fine on preview)

So, I believe is a woth try browsing to Administration -> Application Links from your OnDemand JIRA and check if there's any available option. If it so, remember to set HTTP and HTTPS in standalone Crucible before stabilishing the applink. However, in case of the 'Application Link' option even exist, it won't be possible to add a link from OnDemand JIRA to your local Crucible installation.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events