Can I import an email distribution list into Confluence

john davison August 3, 2016

A user is looking to share pages around his team and would like to use the email distribution list we have in outlook within Confluence. Can this be imported or would we somehow have to build a new one within Confluence?

Thank You.

3 answers

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2016

well then ... smile

a simplistic approach is to use the User List macro as you can define which Permission Group(s) to list

but my Confluence host wrote a special macro that lists a bunch of info in a table with columns showing the following for each person with Permissions to that Space

• Name
  • Title
  • Group Role  (i.e. the Permissions Group they have assigned to them)
  • Company
  • Phone
  • Mobile
  • Email
  • User Name
  • Country
At the bottom of that list is an “Email All” facility so that you don’t have to maintain a separate distribution list (clicking “email all” will open an email for you with all their addresses inserted or right clicking “Email All” just copies the email addresses)

I guess you could have a series of these each showing only the specific Permission Group like the User List macro

0 votes
john davison August 3, 2016

good question... they will be all confluence users

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2016

to clarify - is the distribution list only to people as Users of Confluence or are their non-Users as well?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events