Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have a link in an Excerpt used in Children Display Macro?

Stephen Kairys April 8, 2016

For Confluence Cloud, 5.9.7:

I have a parent page (Customers) that has a child page (Accounts). The Accounts page contains an Excerpt macro, whose text includes a link to another page. The Excerpt macro itself recognizes it as a link: when click on it, I see the menu with the choices GO TO LINK/EDIT/UNLINK.

On the parent page, however, when the excerpt displays via the Children Display macro, the link does not display as a link.

Is there a way to make the above work? Or, am I asking Confluence to do something beyond its capabilities?

Thanks,

Steve

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2016

Unfortunately this has been an issue for years with the specific macro, "Children Macro." The original suggestion for improvement is located here – https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-30192

There has been numerous bugs and suggestions reported since, but none of them have been able to aggregate any votes. I did the annoying thing of linking them all together but hopefully that helps people find the original improvement request and vote on it.

Stephen Kairys April 11, 2016

OK, maybe we're talking about two different things.

1. I tried adding a 2nd paragraph to my Excerpt macro and it displayed OK on the parent page per the Children Display macro. (Steven, you link seemed to imply otherwise.)
  2. In my Children Display macro, I tried the below (setting Excerpt Display to "Rich Content" and my link now works.
    ChildrenDisplayMacroExcerptRichContent.PNG 

Please comment on the above. I'm not saying I found a definite solution but wondering if I did not communicate my original question clearly. smile

Thanks!

Stephen Kairys April 11, 2016

Follow-up to the above. Here's a snippet from the Confluence documentation that displays when I click the Documentation link in the Children Display macro.

ChildrenDisplayMacroIncludeExcerptsParameterDocumentation.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events