Can I get the popular tab in a normal Confluence page?

A January 9, 2013

I am using 4.3 and the "Recently upgraded" macro doesn't seem to include the popular tab. There is a "Popular" macro but with a totally different content.

I would also thank if you can recommend any source code plugin that can be used as a starting point to develop this functionality.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

Hello,

The popular content macro is a part of the Usage Tracking Plugin

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/USGTRK/Confluence+Usage+Tracking+Plugin

This plugin comes disabled by default with Confluence. You will have to enable this plugin from your Confluence Admin > Manage Add ons > Show System plugin menu.

You should then be able to visit the page you want to inset the popular content macro into and visit Insert > other Macros. Searcing for "popular" there should bring it up.

A January 15, 2013

Hi Daniel, I am already using the popular content macro as mentioned in my question but unfortunately it doesn't show the same content as the popular tab. I am using Confluence 4.3.1

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Digging a bit deeper it looks like there is a standing feature request for this behavior.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-25791

You are currently only able to use the popular macro as I have outlined above. Please add yourself as a watcher to this and vote on this issue to be notified when this functionality is added to Confluence I will attach your question to further improve the visibility of this issue to our development team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events