Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get history of rights for a specific Confluence page.

Abhijeet Mashale December 4, 2013

Can I get history of rights for a specific Confluence page.

Means which user had which right the how the right to confluence space had changed and who has changed.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

There is a difference between space permissions and page permissions. Space permissions are more manageable from an auditing perspective. As Mauro mentioned, Confluence doesn't track the person that made the change, but you can track the changes over time by capturing snapshots of the current state on a regular basis (daily, weekly, or monthly for instance).

To do this, use getSpacePermissionList from Confluence Command Line Interface. This will produce a csv file of all the current space permissions. By using your favorite job scheduler (like Bamboo), you can create the snapshots on a regular basis. You can use a diff tool on the csv output to see changes. An alternative would be to import the csv into a database table so you can do more more sophisticated reporting.

For my OnDemand instance of Confluence, I use a local Bamboo instance and CLI Plugin for Bamboo to run getSpacePermissionList to a csv file and then upload to Confluence on a daily basis.

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2013

Hi Abhijeet,

I'm afraid that Confluence doesn't provide such functionality.

cheers

Abhijeet Mashale December 4, 2013

Hi Mauro,

Thanks for reply.

There should be some way to get the data.

For example if there are more than one confluence administrator so we need to get such data.

Regards,

Abhi

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2013

Abhijeet,

I'm sorry to say that there is no log with such information on Confluence OnDemand for auditing purposes.

Regards,
Mauro

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events