Can I get history of rights for a specific Confluence page.

Can I get history of rights for a specific Confluence page.

Means which user had which right the how the right to confluence space had changed and who has changed.

2 answers

1 accepted

There is a difference between space permissions and page permissions. Space permissions are more manageable from an auditing perspective. As Mauro mentioned, Confluence doesn't track the person that made the change, but you can track the changes over time by capturing snapshots of the current state on a regular basis (daily, weekly, or monthly for instance).

To do this, use getSpacePermissionList from Confluence Command Line Interface. This will produce a csv file of all the current space permissions. By using your favorite job scheduler (like Bamboo), you can create the snapshots on a regular basis. You can use a diff tool on the csv output to see changes. An alternative would be to import the csv into a database table so you can do more more sophisticated reporting.

For my OnDemand instance of Confluence, I use a local Bamboo instance and CLI Plugin for Bamboo to run getSpacePermissionList to a csv file and then upload to Confluence on a daily basis.

Hi Abhijeet,

I'm afraid that Confluence doesn't provide such functionality.

cheers

Hi Mauro,

Thanks for reply.

There should be some way to get the data.

For example if there are more than one confluence administrator so we need to get such data.

Regards,

Abhi

Abhijeet,

I'm sorry to say that there is no log with such information on Confluence OnDemand for auditing purposes.

Regards,
Mauro

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,768 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you