Can I exclude a person or group from viewing a page in Confluence?

Topaz Gino December 1, 2014

. You can restrict a page to a certain person or group, but you cannot restrict it to "everyone except xyz". That would only be possible, if you could create a group "everyone except xyz" and restrict the page to that group.

I particularity mean to do it without the workaround of adding a new group that will exclude the certain users, since i have hundreds of users so it doesn't work in my case.

Can you please assist? 

2 answers

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2014

If it's only viewing that you're worried about, one option you might have is to install the visibility plugin and simply wrap the whole page in a restrict view macro, and then as long as the person cannot edit the page, all that will show for them will be a blank page.  It's not perfect, but it might work for the time being as a workaround.

0 votes
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2014

Hey there,

I think private parts can help you with your issue.
http://www.appfusions.com/display/PPARTS/Home 

So you can restrict spaces and even restrict down to the mention function.

Hope this can help.

Greets
Simon 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events