Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I encrypt documents on a Confluence page?

Rick Wolfe May 6, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Running Confluence Over SSL or HTTPS

I want to encrypt documents on an access-controlled Confluence page. How can I do that?

3 answers

0 votes
Rick Wolfe May 9, 2016

I want page encryption, please.

Florian Maupas February 8, 2018

How did you end up encrypting your page content ?

Maria_Viquez__ServiceRocket_ August 13, 2019

Hi Florian, here's the updated link to Security & Encryption (one of Nick's suggestions). Hope you or someone else reading this find it helpful!

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6484/security-and-encryption-for-confluence

0 votes
Nick Reilingh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2016

There are two Confluence add-ons for securing content:

Both of these plugins allow you to store encrypted content on a confluence page.

Attaching a document and having that document encrypted is a bit different and does not seem to be a feature of either of those plugins. However, there's nothing stopping you from using a third-party tool to encrypt the document client-side, upload the encrypted document it as a regular attachment, and then storing the encryption key in Confluence (perhaps even in one of those macros).

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2016

Do you want to enable SSL or do you want page encryption? You linked SSL documents.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events