It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I encrypt documents on a Confluence page?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Running Confluence Over SSL or HTTPS

I want to encrypt documents on an access-controlled Confluence page. How can I do that?

3 answers

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Leader May 07, 2016

Do you want to enable SSL or do you want page encryption? You linked SSL documents.

There are two Confluence add-ons for securing content:

Both of these plugins allow you to store encrypted content on a confluence page.

Attaching a document and having that document encrypted is a bit different and does not seem to be a feature of either of those plugins. However, there's nothing stopping you from using a third-party tool to encrypt the document client-side, upload the encrypted document it as a regular attachment, and then storing the encryption key in Confluence (perhaps even in one of those macros).

I want page encryption, please.

How did you end up encrypting your page content ?

Hi Florian, here's the updated link to Security & Encryption (one of Nick's suggestions). Hope you or someone else reading this find it helpful!

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6484/security-and-encryption-for-confluence

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Bring information from GitHub into Confluence

I’ve got a couple of questions for you. Do you write technical documentation? What about technical documentation that references code and files from GitHub? In this article you will learn how to in...

32 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you