Can I enable JSD public signup w/o allowing customer to see connected Confluence KB immediately?

Markus Raab March 22, 2018

I tried to explain our situation already here, but on a second thought I think I got the idea what our key issue is.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-set-up-permissions-differently-for-parnter-and-customer/qaq-p/756267

I need to enable the public signup for JIRA Service Desk (JSD), because the user should be able to do so + a user should be created if an email is sent to the JSD project.

I also need Confluence KB to be connected to the JSD project, as it would not make sens for us to switch to JSD without using the KB. To use this feature without giving licenses to every customer I think the Confluence KB space must be connected to the JSD project.

THE CHALLENGE: I must not allow the newly signed up user to access the Confluence KB space from the very beginning as we have to verify first that it is one of our customers.

It seems to me that this is simply not possible. Is there any chance to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

Hi Markus,

You are correct in that it's not possible to not allow a user who has signed up immediate access to your portal and Knowledge Base.

There are a few feature requests below that may be of interest to you for the future:

• JSDSERVER-868 > Include Domain Level Restrictions for Service Desk Public Signup
  • JSDSERVER-3540 > More flexible portal-specific customer signup

Please feel free to vote and watch on the requests that interest you.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Markus Raab April 9, 2018

Can I not workaround this by using page restrictions?

If I restrict the top level page (root) of the space to a specific group, then it should be that a user does not have access immediately right?

Only after I manually add them to the respective group.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2018

Markus,

Apologies for the delay.

Page restrictions in Confluence do require that the user is licensed to use Confluence. It will only allow you to choose from users with a Confluence license or in a group that provides Confluence access.

Therefore, that workaround would not be possible.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events