Can I embed a user on a page as a Mention?

Forgive me but I am new to all this so I am on a steep learning curve!

When you create a meeting notes page, there is a section for attendees. The page created always defaults the creating user as an attendee, I want to do the same thing on a bespoke template, when the user creates the page I want to @mention them on the page.

I have copied the coding from the meeting notes template $documentOwner but this creates a variable that I then have to fill in. I want it to find the user creating the page and automatically add the name.

How can I do this?

1 answer

0 vote

Hi, Ian,

Sorry for the late reply.

We have two feature requests that deal with the functionality you are describing:

* CONFCLOUD-31569: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-31569
* CONFCLOUD-30567: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-30567

You can add comments with inputs for the features and add yourself as a watcher to receive updates. You may also vote on them in order to increasing their popularity. More information on new features can be seen here

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,942 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you