Can I customize the Insert menu?

There are some options we never use and others we rarely use. however, the items we use a lot I have to go thru extra clicks to get to. Is there a way to customize that Insert menu to include the options we use most often? 

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Denise, 

To customise this content, we may need to change the Confluence source code directly or perhaps write a new a WEB ITEM/add-on that would do it inside Confluence. For example, we can see the procedures in this development article that you would need to modify according to your Confluence version.

PS: we do have a feature request opened for this. Please, refer to: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-23368

Cheers, 

Giuliano Tenedini

Confluence/Crowd Support

I'm not a developer so creating my own macros is not an option. smile I have referenced the open ticket and see it has a lot of votes and has been out there for several years. Do you think it will be considered by Atlassian any time in the near future as a new feature? 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

922 views 13 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you