Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I customize Confluence/Bitbucket's mail sender name?

Andrés Alvarez January 4, 2018

I am using Cloud version for Jira/Bitbucket/Confluence. My goal is to change the sender name of mails coming from Atlassian, which include the full name of the user.

For Jira, I was able to change this behaviour, but I haven't been able to find how to do the same for Confluence and Bitbucket.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2018

As you discovered, with Jira Cloud, Configuring email notifications, it is:

... possible to configure a project's email address, which is the email address that notifications are sent from – i.e. the 'sender address'. This will also serve as the reply address for responses.

The senders are configured at the project level in Jira, I am afraid there is no equivalent in Bitbucket or Confluence; the sender addresses are not customizable in those Cloud products.

Andrés Alvarez January 8, 2018

Thanks! In fact in Jira this can be configured also at top level (and not just per project). Under settings -> system -> General Configuration -> General Settings -> E-mail from one can choose a different template for the sender name (defaults to ${fullname}  (JIRA) )

Sorry to hear there is no equivalent option in Bitbucket and Confluence, hope they will be there one day!

0 votes
Grayson Bishop February 11, 2020

FYI, here's the link to the Confluence Feature Suggestion for this - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-25430. Atlassian closed it as Won't Do on 06/16/2014, disappointing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events