Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create custom permissions for spaces that are only visible to certain users?

Helen Setchell October 10, 2014

In a scenario where Confluence is being used by a mix of staff and by external users (with various spaces set up for just staff, a mix of both, or just externals), staff will want other staff to see their room and number, but might not want external users to see that information.

3 answers

0 votes
Helen Setchell October 14, 2014

Hi Ellen - thanks for the response, although I think changing my original question title has made it different from the question I was asking - see response to your answer.

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2014

Changing your title from "custom profiles" to "permissions" vs profiles, which is the context that you are really referring to (and aligns with how documented). "Rooms" in Confluence are referred to as "spaces"

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2014

Hello Helen - 

You will want to get familiar with this doc (and sub sections) - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Giving+People+Access+to+Content 

You might also want to look at this plugin given your scenario with external users 

http://www.appfusions.com/display/PPARTS/Home

I need to know if it's possible (by developing or by plugin) to make certain fields on the profile page restricted to certain users only, i.e. add a level of granularity beyond page, i.e. set permissions by space, by page, and by section on page (in this case, the profile page)

PS ... so other/external people can see my profile page and they can see my name, description, etc, but can't see my location or my phone number (but a fellow member of staff can)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events