Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a new space and move a copy of a page tree into it?

Paul Brunckhurst January 12, 2014

I would like to create an updated version of documentation that exists as a page tree in a team wiki.

I know that it is possible to delete a page tree by creating a new space, moving the tree into it, then deleting the space.

I'd like to know if it's possible to create a new space and move a copy of a page tree into it. That would allow me to update our documentation by simply editing the pages that changed between versions. The old version could then be archived as a pdf, and the page tree removed from the wiki - leaving the updated version.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2014

Although this is not exactly what you looked for, you may want to rethink your process and use the Archiving Plugin to detect what needs to be updated, what pieces of the documentation became irrelevant (noone vists them anymore) and also to clean up the clutter.

(You can actually make this other tedious piece of work fully automatic.)

0 votes
Stephan Sutter February 11, 2016

Hi Paul,

May have a look at our Space Tree Creator plugin. It does what your are looking for.

Regards,
Stephan

0 votes
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2014

Hi Paul

You might be interested in Copy Page Plugin. It will allow you to copy page with all it's child pages to another space.

Paul Brunckhurst January 12, 2014

Hi Jing Hwa,

It appears to do exactly what I have in mind.

Procurement is not my department; but I can pass the information along.

Thank you.

jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2014

You're welcome .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events