Can I change the space key when exporting a space so there is no conflict when importing to an OnDemand site?

We are in the process of moving a few spaces from two different installed Confluence instances into the same OnDemand Confluence instance.

Two of the spaces that we are trying to move to the OnDemand site have the same Space Key, one from each of the installed Confluence sites.

We need, and want, them to have different keys in the new location (OnDemand).

Is there documentation available for changing a space key (even if it's manual)?

Is there a better way than modifying the database pre-export or modifying the XML post-export?

1 answer

1 accepted

I found reference to a custom User Macro written by Ed Bacher and updated by Zsolt Kocsmarszky on this page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=14286901

It worked for me on a test space.

Is this condoned by Atlassian or at least can Atlassian say it won't break anything? Short of an official tool, this may be my best bet.

Other answers still welcome, especially if your solution is more "official."

EDIT 2014-04-10:

I'm going to accept my response as an answer since there doesn't seem to be a real answer and this workaround worked for me.

Thanks,

Jeff

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

372 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you