Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I call a Confluence page into a SF or a JSON based app?

Ritu Sachdeva January 25, 2018

We have apps built in Salesforce and React JSON.

And our documentation is in Confluence. How do I call a specific page into a SF page? Similarly, can I link to the space itself?

Also, is linking possible at the app's Home page level or at a granular, custom "VisualForce-page" level also?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2018

Hi Ritu,

I'm not familiar with SalesForce's product itself, and so I don't know what the VisualForce-page level is, but if you need to call a specific Confluence page in SalesForce, see if there's a way to embed a page via an iFrame. This might be your best option.

Please be aware, however, if you need to display the content, then either the page has to be made public, requiring no login, or the user will need to login to their Confluence account to display the content.

You can include the entire URL to the page or use the short link that is available by looking at the Page Information.

Regards,

Shannon

Ritu Sachdeva January 26, 2018

Thanks Shannon for your reply. I will work with my Dev team to check out the option you have suggested.

When i embed the page via iFrame, do I call the complete xml export or does the page have some other property, like Page ID etc? 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2018

Hi Ritu,

No, the iFrame basically embeds another website into a smaller window in another website. So you would need to use a URL for this.

Your other options would be HTML export or Word Export. The XML export is really just best for re-importing into Confluence so it may not work for your requirements in SalesForce.

You can let your team know the options for Confluence, and they can work with SalesForce's requirements to get a solution for you.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events