Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Upgrade from 3.5.2 to the latest version of Confluence?

Dave Tait September 23, 2013

Let me know. Cheers

3 answers

0 votes
Brian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2013

Hi Yohan, I also recommend checking out this document about upgrading from Confluence 3.5 to 5.1:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Upgrading+from+Confluence+3.5+to+5.1+-+Simplified+Guide

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2013

Yes.

That answers the question, but I suspect you've really got more than that. Have a look through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Upgrading+Confluence to begin with...

Thank you. I read through the article but wanted to get confirmation that I can upgrade my version of confluence 3.5.2 directly to the latest version without any issues. Cheers

Directly from 3.5.2 to the latest version without any issues? simply download the latest version and upgrade it manually, yes?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2013

Possibly, but I wouldn't do that, I'd go via 4 - there's a lot of changes between 3.5 and 4.0. It also depends on your plugins and data that you're working with. A direct jump might work, but it might not. The absolutely very latest version will also tend to have some issues with plugins, as the developers need a bit of time to catch up.

0 votes

Thank you. I read through the article but wanted to get confirmation that I can upgrade my version of confluence 3.5.2 directly to the latest version without any issues. Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events