Can Cloud Atlassian app access be limited to certain IP addresses?

This is really a question about all apps in the Cloud offering...

The goal would be to use this for a Corporate environment - with policies around things like Data Loss Prevention.  So Ideally, in addition to the usual access controls,  we would want to limit the ability of users to gain access to a cloud atlassian app when they are not within the (controlled) corporate network.

Is there a way to control which networks can get access to a given cloud installation?  Or to have any client or browser side security (like client certs)?

You can see that [Microsoft addresses this use case for Office 365|https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh526961%28v=ws.10%29.aspx]

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, it's currently not possible to restrict access to Cloud instances by IP address. There's a feature request in order to restrict access per IP address as you can see on CLOUD-2636. The request was accepted by developers, however you may vote and comment on it in order to increase its visibility. Also, please take a note of the Implementation of New Features Policy in order to understand how developers team handles feature requests.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Thanks for the details, Paula. Voted up!

This widget could not be displayed.
Boris Berenberg Community Champion Apr 16, 2015

This is not possible with the Atlassian Cloud suite.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

504 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you