Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Atlassian knowledge bases be browsed (not just searched)?

Betsy Walker {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2017

With the Atlassian documentation now using Scroll Viewport, going to the native Confluence URL redirects to the corresponding Viewport URL, which just presents a search box and list of recently updated articles.

I, for one, like to browse Knowledge Bases sometimes, not just search.

Is there a way to do this?  BTW, as stated in this Answers post, I think the move to Scroll Viewport was a bad move for technical documentation.  For customer documentation, I think it would be fine, but for Administrators and Developers, it is just too limiting without support for pagetree navigation.

2 answers

0 votes
Betsy Walker {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2017

Although some KBs have a "Click here to see all articles in this space" link at the bottom of the page, some do not, like:

• JIRA Service Desk
  • JIRA Agile / JIRA Software
  • JIRA Server

And, as luck would have it, those are the ones I'm most interested in. sad

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2017

Hi Betsy,

Yes, there is.

Go to the main KB page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb

Click on the Confluence Knowledge Base link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-knowledge-base-home-179443496.html

At the bottom of that page is a "Click here to see all articles in this space" which will open a list of all the articles.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events