Bulk edit multiple JQL queries on a confluence page

John Trasler June 1, 2021

Hi,

We have Confluence pages containing many JQL queries. Is there a way to bulk edit all of those JQL queries?

Example: 

• JQL#1: "project = projectnameone and labels in (label1, label2)"
  • JQL#2: "project = projectnametwo and labels in (label1, label2)"

Can we change all occurrences of "label2" to "label3"? Or must we change each JQL separately?

Thanks,

John

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Trasler June 1, 2021

Thank you, Niranjan. DB update isn't the way I would want to go.

I'm not sure what you mean by source editor find and replace? I don't believe the Confluence page editor find and replace will extend into JQL queries.

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2021

Hi @John Trasler ,

Confluence space Editor is a free plugin by Atlassian labs - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210722/confluence-source-editor?hosting=server&tab=overview

After the plugin installation, click on Edit page and at the right top corner, you will see <> symbol, that will let you to find and replace all in that particular page.

John Trasler June 3, 2021

Thank you! I don't think we have that plugin - I will engage with the site admin.

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2021

Hi @John Trasler , 

Database update is an option, but it is riskier. You need to find out the number of occurrences and the pages where it is being used. Source Editor find and replace all is a good option, but you must decide based on the number of occurrences.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events