Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk edit Confluence On Demand space permissions

Michael Pineda September 4, 2013

Hi

Is it possible to bulk edit all existing Spaces permissions within a Confluence OnDemand account?

I have applied the required default settings for Spaces created from this point forward however would like to apply these settings to all existing Spaces.

Regards,

Michael

4 answers

1 vote
Normand_Carbonneau January 16, 2014

Here is my use case:

A few years ago, we defined the Global Permissions on Spaces that was including access by a specific security group (all our internal employees) to all our spaces by default.

Years have passed, and 250 Spaces later, we need to rename the security groups because of a company merge, but unfortunately, JIRA does not allow us to rename groups. So, we created a new group and we want to remove the old group from permissions on the existing 250 Spaces as well as adding permissions for the new group.

But once again, this is not allowed, so, we end up having to manually change the permissions on each Space individually because we are using On-Demand version.

Any suggestion?

Thanks, Normand

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2014

getSpacePermissionList shows how I manage my onDemand instance permissions and the following tip shows how they can easily be changed. A related link is How to get all space permissions for download users.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2014

The CLI runs locally so should work fine with OnDemand

Normand_Carbonneau January 16, 2014

Thanks for the info Bob, but according to Atlassian MarketPlace, it seems that CLI Plugin for Confluence is not available for On-Demand.

Regards, Normand

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2014

The CLI clients work with OnDemand. But the CLI Plugin does not. What is the difference between CLI clients and CLI plugins? explains the difference. The first link I posted shows what is possible for OnDemand accounts like mine.

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2013

Hi Michael,

There's actually an existing improvement request for that, which you can find here - CONF-1053.

It hasn't been implemented yet though, so for now, I would recommend that you do the following on the feature request ticket :

* Vote, so that it will receive more attention

* Watch it, so that you will receive any and all updates

* Comment, and give your opinion on the matter

Please note that the implementation of new features and improvement requests falls under Atlassian's Implementation of New Features Policy.

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
September 4, 2013

I'm afraid that its not possible to bulk-edit space permissions but you could submit a feature request with a brief use case. On the surface it sounds like a good idea!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events