Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken images with Firefox 22

Tom Birch Hansen July 4, 2013

I get "broken image" when I insert an image from the clipboard and then save the page, using the new firefox 22. In firefox 21 I did not see this problem.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2013

It appears that you are hitting this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-29799. The workaround is to save the copied image to a file first using any image editor and attach the image from a file instead from the clipboard.

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

The bug is fixed in Confluence 5.2.4 and 5.3 (you can see this from the fix version field). However these Confluence versions are not released yet. Confluence 5.2.4 is scheduled to be released towards the end of this September.

Ben Peterson September 3, 2013

Thanks for the update =)

0 votes

I wonder why is this bug marked as resolved/fixed? I'm trialing Confluence 5.3 using FF 23 and I'm running into the same issue with pasting images. I get broken images in Preview as well as after I save. I have better luck with Chrome 29, but not 100% of the time.

At any rate, the recommended workaround should be sufficient. I'm very disappointed that paste doesn't work though - it's an incredible A+ feature when it works.

Hmm, way down in the comments for the bug report it looks like the fix has been done but just hasn't been released yet. Looks like release is slated for next week?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events