Broken Macros after Confluence upgrade v3.5.13 -> v5.4

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2013

We just recently upgraded from Confluence v3.5.13 though v4.x and to v5.4 in our development environment. None of the macros appear to be working in v5.4. If I try to edit a page with a macro, I get a Page Not Found error.

For example,

In our production environment, we have the following macro's on our space home pages:

{section}{column:width=60%}
{table:cellspacing=15}
{tr}{td}{include:Overview} {td}{tr}
{table}
{column}{section}
{recently-updated}

The page renders and you can see all of the information included from the Overview page

In the development environment the macro is displayed instead of the data:

{section}{column:width=60%} {table:cellspacing=15} {tr}{td}{include:Overview} {td}{tr} {table} {column}{section} {recently-updated}

If I attempt to edit the page, a Page Not Found error is returned.

1 answer

1 vote
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2013

Hi Jeanne,

The first issue seem to be related to imcompatible or outdated plugin. It is possible that the plugin in the developement enviroment is outdated therefore the macro could not be rendered properly in the page. You will need to update all your plugin in the developement sever then go to this URL in your browser: <Confluence Address>/admin/force-upgrade.action and select wikiToXhtmlMigrationUpgradeTask in the Upgrade task to perform a force migration.

For the second issue "If I attempt to edit the page, a Page Not Found error is returned", I suspect this is due to some customisation or script in your Confluence Admin >> Custom HTML which direct you to a wrong URL. Try to remove all the customisation in your Confluence Admin >> Custom HTML and see if the issue persist.

Regards,
Jing Hwa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events